The SEYCE Chair promotes to the UNESCO Sustainable Development Goal 4. It contributes to:
- Supporting the full integration of ECCE in the Danish legal, policy and strategic frameworks both at the local and the national level;
- Strengthening research, monitoring and evaluation to reinforce equity, inclusion and quality of ECCE services in Denmark;
- Promoting continuous professional development of teachers to further qualify ECCE practices;
- Helping scaling up and expanding access to exemplary ECCE programmes and practices;
- Reinforcing delivery capacity of ECCE services through systematic dialogue and consultation; and
- Strengthening strategic partnerships and cooperation both at the local/national and international level.